This month, the 16th, was also the birthday of a dear friend who passed away in May, at the young age of 44. It was much harder than I thought it would be. He's no longer in any pain anymore, but he's not here with me either. Losing him really hit home, because if he had taken better care of himself sooner than later, he would still be here with me.
Then, there is little holiday called Christmas that I have actually been able to enjoy. The day after Christmas, my parents, my son and I are heading North to the Smokey Mountains. We rented a cabin for a week and we are hoping for snow. My son and I have never seen snow! I've had to do some shopping for some new clothes, warm clothes too and I haven't purchased anything larger than a 16. I was 26-28 when I had surgery - I haven't worn a size 16 since middle school.
On that note, today's weigh in was a HUGE goal for me. I've hit the 100 pound loss mark - which also puts me into ONEDERLAND!!! So, I'm walking in a Winter Onderland this year!! And I couldn't have done it without the love and support of my family, my son, my friends and all of you lovely ladies! My New Year's resolution is to start blogging more often. I have so much to say and just haven't had the time to sit down and put it all into words!!
I wish everyone the best of holiday season, whichever holiday you celebrate!
Hugs to all!!
Here's some more recent pics:
2010 2011 2012







Love the pics at the bottom, awesome job
ReplyDeleteWow! What a difference a few years and a hundred pounds makes! Congratulations on all of your achievements-- graduating with honors is an accomplishment for sure. Keep blogging :)
ReplyDelete