Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!

I know that it's been almost a month since my last post and for that, I am terribly sorry. The past month has been a whirlwind! I finished my last semester of school on 12/14 and has finals and final projects due the two weeks prior, so I was studying for those, etc. BUT, apparently all the hard work paid off because this girl right here is graduating next month WITH HONORS!!! I am so happy to be just graduating and to be graduating with honors is a huge accomplishment. I decided right after going to school that WLS was for me and I've never been known to just take 'one thing at a time' so, during my third semester of school, I had my surgery. That semester was my only one with no A, but they were all B's, so I'd say that's pretty good too! I don't walk until January, but I feel so much happier without having the homework and finals weighing me down anymore (pun intended!).

This month, the 16th, was also the birthday of  a dear friend who passed away in May, at the young age of 44. It was much harder than I thought it would be. He's no longer in any pain anymore, but he's not here with me either. Losing him really hit home, because if he had taken better care of himself sooner than later, he would still be here with me.

Then, there is little holiday called Christmas that I have actually been able to enjoy. The day after Christmas, my parents, my son and I are heading North to the Smokey Mountains. We rented a cabin for a week and we are hoping for snow. My son and I have never seen snow! I've had to do some shopping for some new clothes, warm clothes too and I haven't purchased anything larger than a 16. I was 26-28 when I had surgery - I haven't worn a size 16 since middle school.

On that note, today's weigh in was a HUGE goal for me. I've hit the 100 pound loss mark - which also puts me into ONEDERLAND!!! So, I'm walking in a Winter Onderland this year!! And I couldn't have done it without the love and support of my family, my son, my friends and all of you lovely ladies! My New Year's resolution is to start blogging more often. I have so much to say and just haven't had the time to sit down and put it all into words!!

I wish everyone the best of holiday season, whichever holiday you celebrate!

Hugs to all!!

Here's some more recent pics:




2010                   2011                 2012



2 comments:

  1. Love the pics at the bottom, awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a difference a few years and a hundred pounds makes! Congratulations on all of your achievements-- graduating with honors is an accomplishment for sure. Keep blogging :)

    ReplyDelete

My Loves

My Loves
JJ and Jack!