Friday, June 29, 2012

Rough week

This has kinda been a rough week for me. Monday, I noticed a lump on one of my breasts while I was in the shower. I meant to investigate further, but after I got out of the shower, it totally slipped my mind. Then, yesterday while getting dressed, I put my bra on and while 'adjusting the girls' I felt the lump again and a sort of twinge of pain. So, as soon as I got to work, I called my Gyn nurse to see what she thought.

Let me back up a little, when I was six, I was in a go-cart racing accident and had to have artificial fatty tissue replaced on my entire left side. The plastic surgeon told my parents that as I grew older and matured, that I might have to have it fixed when my breasts started to develop. Well, as a teenager, I had big boobs, and one was always bigger than the other from the fatty tissue - an ultrasound revealed that the fatty tissue on the side of my left breast had folded over (happens when placed in active youngins'). They said there was nothing wrong with it and that we didn't have to do anything unless it became an issue.

6 years ago, during a routine gyn exam, my Dr felt a lump and sent me for a Mammo. It revealed that it was the fatty tissue build up from my accident when I was little, but that we should 'keep an eye on it'. Well, this lump is in the area just out from my fatty tissue area. SO, with all the said, I'm thinking (and praying) that it's the same lump as before and now that there isn't as much fat in my boobs, that I'm just feeling it, again, for the first time.

So, on that note, I'm asking you ladies for some prayers, good vibes, etc. that this is the same thing as before, and perhaps, in some twisted way (my humor is my way of coping at times), I can get a free boob job out of all this. I'm heading out for my mammo is about 15 minutes, so I will have an answer today. SO glad I didn't have to wait the weekend.

I'm not making light of the matter, because breast cancer or any cancer for that fact, scares the shit out of me. I have lost so many family members, before their time, for all sorts of cancer.

Wish me luck, and I will post more on the matter later!

4 comments:

  1. sorry to hear you're having a rough time. Fingers, toes and everything else crossed that it turns out fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending good vibes and big prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm keeping you my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man that is scary....keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete

My Loves

My Loves
JJ and Jack!