Monday, January 28, 2013

The past few weeks have been a blur!

Again, I apologize for my absence from the Blog world. The last few weeks have been busy with preparing for and taking an exam that goes along with all of the schooling that I have been taking for the past 20 months of my life. The exam was hard core and was eight hours long over two days. It was hell. During the weeks prior to studying for this exam, I feel like I was unable to eat anything - I was constantly getting stuck and it became increasingly more frustrating.

SO - now that my apology, followed by excuses, are out there, here's the wrap up of the last few weeks. The week between Christmas and New Years, my family and I visited the mountains, where my son and I saw snow for the first time ever!! It was absolutely amazing and the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. With that said, I would not EVER want to live in it and I have a ton of respect for those of you who live in the regions that have snow all the time.

This was near New Found Gap in TN.

After I returned from vacation, I began studying for the test from hell. Once that was done, I was done-done. No more testing for me, for a while at least. I'm seriously considering going back for another degree soon - why not, right?! I can do it! I just want to take a break and spend some serious quality time with my son and help him get back on track with his school, etc. I feel like the last 20 months have really taken a toll on him and I want him to know how much I appreciate his patience with me. He's 9 - patience isn't a virtue at this age yet. 

This past Saturday, January 26, I graduated from College. At 35, I was finally able to finish what I started so long ago. I was able to share the day with my closest family and one of the greatest friends I have come to know. Along my journey, specifically the last 20 months, I have lost a few friends and gained a few friends. Some people weren't as patient and couldn't wait for me to finish my goal and therefore they had to go. I truly have one (new) friend that has been the most genuine, non-judgmental person that I have ever come into contact with in my entire life. If only she were a man, I'd marry her! (I tried to convince her to switch teams, but it was a no-go). 

In addition, I have all of you ladies that follow my blog, my friends that actually know me and follow my blog, and you all have been a super supportive environment for me and for that I am forever grateful. Without having a place that I could turn to and spew my most weakest moments, knowing that most of you have been through the same journey and have survived, helped me to keep chugging along.

So, as I have pledged in my last few blogs, episodes of apologizing and promises of more time with you all, I am BACK!!! Thanks for your forever patience!!

I leave you with some pics from my graduation. The dress that I graduated high school in (16+ years ago) was a size 24. The dress I'm wearing in these pics: 14!!




3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! so happy for you ---you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on such a hug accomplishment! You should be so proud of yourself. Oh, and you look amazing by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete

My Loves

My Loves
JJ and Jack!