Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving, etc.

The past couple of days have been a pure blur. It started off at work last week with a short week, which they always seem to be longer for some reason. My birthday was this past Friday (11/23) and they threw me a little party at work with a HUGE cookie cake (my kryptonite) and my students gave me a tiara - they are so funny!

Then, I left work early on Wednesday so that I could get in a good workout before the long weekend and the gym decided to close early too. So, I went home and took a nap and it was FABULOUS!! lol

Then, Thanksgiving came and went and it was wonderful. Having my parents, my big bro and his wife and my son all together, eating dinner around the big table was just wonderful. I am so thankful for my family. Then, we sat around looking through Black Friday ads, with no intention of going shopping, just wishful thinking. Then, on Friday, the big day, we got up and my wee little man fixed me breakfast in bed, and then he took me on a movie date (with my bro and sis in law). We saw the Rise of the Guardians - CUTE movie!! I thoroughly enjoyed it and will be purchasing it when it comes out. We then went to our local steakhouse for my lunch. There, they brought me a brownie the size of my head. I had a few bites and it was DELISH!!

My Weeman and Me!

Then, I had to let my son go to his Dad's for the weekend, which saddened me but then I realized that I could do a little shopping without him(for him), which I enjoyed. While I was out shopping, girlfriend of mine called and asked if she could take me out to dinner for my birthday and I said absolutely!! Not having to cook all day - I was in heaven. She took me to Carrabba's, and I'm pretty sure that they lace their oil and spices mixture with crack because it is soooo good. I nibbled on a little bread, first time in a long time. It was good, but not worth overdoing it and getting stuck. 



Making a wish!!!

Then, Saturday I spent most of the day doing homework and then my brother and sister in law took me out on a little shopping excursion and then out to dinner. Whew, I won't be eating out again in a long time; I've had my fill of dining out for a while!

All in all, it was the MOST fabulous weekend that I have had in a LONG time. Now comes the countdown of the year = the number of days until I finish my school, Christmas, Winterbreak Vacation and then my actual graduation. I'm so excited, I could just spit!!

Hugs to all and I hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend also!!


3 comments:

  1. sounds like a great birthday...happy birthday and love how happy you are in the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday your pics are really cute. Looking great

    ReplyDelete

My Loves

My Loves
JJ and Jack!