Thursday, August 11, 2011

About Me

I am 34 years old. I have been divorced, twice. Once, married right out of high school and divorced not long after. Then married again in 2002, and divorced again in 2007.  I have a wonderful son, JJ, who just turned 8. His is the light of my life. He is ADHD and full of creative power. (he's a whole 'nother blog!)

My jobs: I am a full time mom. I am a full time daughter (we live together with my parents!). I work full time at a local Florida University. I drive 70 miles/90minutes a day to work - a job that I LOVE! I am also a full time, online, college student. What was I thinking? My free time (ha! what's that?) is scarce.

Medical history: I have been overweight since I was about 7. Both parents are over-weight, diabetics (dad is insulin dependent), hypertension, etc. My grandparents were all diabetics. I was in two auto accidents over 10 years ago, and with my weight gain and pain from the accidents, the doctors have told me that I have Fibromyalgia. I, also, don't sleep. I recently had a sleep study conducted and they told me that I don't have a sleep apnea (whew!), but that I don't sleep - I don't get to REM because of the chronic pain. And I suffer from horrible depression. It started back in middle school, but my parents didn't really believe in depression, so it was just brushed off as "hormone changes". Then when I gave birth to my son, the postpartum really kicked in and then I got some help. But even with being on meds for the pain and the depression, I just can't seem to get any relief. I hurt, all the time. I cry, a lot. There are days that I can't get out of bed. My son is the only thing that keeps me going. Well, before I start sobbing, I will stop with that. I think you get the full picture. All of the above reasons, plus ME, are the reasons that I am starting this journey!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello!! I am new! Lap Band Gal sent me over and she said you went to a siminar which wasn't so pleasent. I don't have time to elaborate right now but I wanted to tell you there are loads of us out there at different stages that have great advice. This has been the biggest support group in the world for me!! Ask away

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing weight will not fix everything. But it will fix some of your health probems or keep them from adding to your pain. Losing weight will give you confidence in yourself to work onteh rest. You are taking a big step to saving yourself and that tells you are a strong person. Believe in yourself.

    ReplyDelete

My Loves

My Loves
JJ and Jack!