Sunday, May 27, 2012

Finally - Weekly Weigh in and Updates

First and foremost, let's get the weigh in done.


08/22/2011: 299.9 (first consult with surgeon)
04/14/2012: 233.6
04/28/2012: 231.2
05/20/2012: 230.2
05/26/2012: 229.2
Loss -4.4 pounds in just over 6 weeks - I'm not really  happy about the progress, but I knew that I would hit the plateau sometime. Glad to be back on track, hopefully.
Total loss: 70.7 pounds!!!





WOOHOO!!!

I've been back in the gym on my normal routine now. I've been writing down what I've been eating, at least during the week and trying to get more protein in my diet. I see progress, so I'm going to continue on this path.

On another note, the bathing suit I ordered from Old Navy came in. I ordered their 1x, which is a 16-18. I tried it on - and IT FIT GREAT!!! I will be washing that bad boy and wearing him the next outing we have to the beach. I'm not where I wanna be yet, but I'm damn sure better than I was!!!

I've also been on a mission to find me some new clothes, work and otherwise. I have found some great buys for work clothes, but they are all black or dark colors. It's almost summer damn it, I need some color. So, my Mom and I went yard-saling, hoping to find something and nothing. So, we hit up the local Ross store, and I found myself in a dilemma. I went straight for the 3x-4x, 24/26/28 section. My mother was quick to remind me that that is her size, not my size and I needed to mosey on down to my size. (I'm trying to get my Mom on the 'band' wagon, because she isn't feeling good and needs to lose some also)

It hit me - what is my size?! Some of the stuff I have is 16-18, some even 20's and I started looking at some of the smaller sizes, even going to the ladies section (instead of women's plus) and I felt out of place. I felt like people were looking at me, wondering why I was shopping that section of clothes that were obviously too small for my big butt. My Mom came over to see what I had found and she asked me why I was looking around crazy and I said that I was feeling self conscious, like people were looking at me wondering why I was looking in that section. Does this feeling ever go away? Will I ever "feel my size"?

Well, enough of that - it's Memorial Day weekend and all of my homework is done, I've got lots of goodies to fix, healthy stuff and some not so healthy stuff, but I enjoy trying new healthy recipes, that my parents and son enjoy too. Makes me feel all warm in fuzzy inside to know that they are secretly eating healthy stuff that tastes good.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 70!!!! And I know the clothes feeling, I am sure it does go away, but I think it takes a lot of practice :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your size is a moving target! which is great! just keep on trying I am sure this is not the last time you will be downgrading a few sizes! Happy shopping. and congrats on the 70lbs!

    ReplyDelete

My Loves

My Loves
JJ and Jack!