Monday, May 14, 2012

Frozen in time!

Sorry I haven't been "here" in a while.....I've been feeling so depressed lately. I haven't lost a single 'new' pound. I knew that this day would come, I just didn't realize it would be this soon. I thought I would have hit 70 pounds by now. I'm feeling overwhelmed with everything else going on and this is just adding insult to injury. It's nearing the end of the school year for my son, so I'm worrying about what I'm going to do with him during the summer. It's nearing the end of my quarter for my school and I have research papers due and have to start getting things ready for the next quarter and hopefully the quarter after next will be my last one! Then, there's always things going on at work, new students coming in, old ones leaving. If only stress burned calories!

I started back at the gym last week, went 2 days. I plan on continuing my old schedule of twice a week. I enjoy the me time, but I get home later and then my son says he's missed me and makes me feel guilty for going. Ugh - I just can't win.

Plus, I'm getting hungry all the time and I think I might need another fill, but I'm still paying off my hospital bill and bill for my surgeon and feel guilty about going in and just adding more money to the bill. My insurance didn't pay for my 2nd fill, so I'm having to make arrangements to pay that off. Or maybe, it's my breakfast that's not working any more. I've been drinking a protein shake during the week for breakfast since my surgery. At home on the weekends, I have a bowl of cereal, or eggs or something, but on the week days, it's a shake. And like now, it's 12:30 and I could gnaw my arm off, if only I had some BBQ sauce at work. Ugh.

So, here's where I need ya'lls help. What do you eat for breakfast? Fill or not to fill? What can I do to get my weight loss a jump start? Perhaps I should go to my support group meeting this week - that might help too!

Well, I think I'm done ranting for today and think it's time to feed my case of the Mondays.

I hope you all have a fabulous week!!

3 comments:

  1. For awhile my morning protein shake wasn't doing it fo rme either. I got some Lean Cuisine breakfasts and ate them mid-morning. Better yet, if you can take it, get some Greek yogart with high protein and low calories. I hate mushy fod but my friend eats them and they help her get through as a high protein snack. She likes them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Robyn on the Greek yogurt - it's a great way to get in lots of protein and it tastes good. I find it also sticks a bit, even though its a bit of a slider. Also, I totes understand about the cost of things, but honey, if you paid all that money for the band and a fill will help you, then you need to go get that fill. Seriously. Don't put it off any longer than you have to. Maybe change up the protein or add the yogurt as a snack or something and see how it goes, but if you need it, do it. I went through a period where I thought I was fine, just a bit hungrier, and my weight loss stalled out - turns out I needed a fill. And it turned things around. Just something to think about. And I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make up a batch of steel cut oats on sunday for the week. I make it with unsweetened almond milk and mashed up bananas for sweetness. This keeps me full longer than quick oats and I think they are yummy.....I would get the fill. You don't want to lose the momentum of your weight loss and I bet your doctor won't care he knows you are good for it....if you are worried call ahead of time and explain your situation(so you are not doing it in the lobby in the office) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

My Loves

My Loves
JJ and Jack!