Thursday, May 10, 2012

Bad couple of weeks

I spent a lot of time at the hospital, and finally Hospice with my dear friend and on May 1st, he lost his battle, while surrounded by his kids and closest friends and family, me included. Watching him slip away was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. He was only 44 years old - too young to have gone through so much. Needless to say, I haven't had a lot of time or effort to think about myself or my struggles and the scale can prove it. It has moved, but up instead of down and I am terribly upset about it. One good thing out of all of this is that I actually made it back to the gym this week and boy did it feel good. All the sweating, and the fact that I was finally alone helped. I thought I was going to have a hard time, but it just came back to me, like riding a bike. I wasn't able to just pop back in where I left off, because I got a little winded, but give me a week or two and I'll be back to my old routine.

This week is also tough for me because it is gradation  and my students are leaving me. I always tell myself that I'm not going to get attached so it will be easy to let them go, and then this always happens. I had to go shopping to find something to wear to gradation because everything I have is too big!! Not that I'm complaining, just wish I had a credit card with no limit, that someone else would pay - in the perfect world, right? Well, at least I was able to use the giftcard that my current class gave me and I'm happy that I get to wear what I bought to watch them walk - I'm so proud!!!

Hopefully, next week can get back to "normal", whatever that is. It's the beginning of the Summer semester, so it will be quiet for a week or two, so I hope to get my eating back in order and my gym visits regular too!

I've missed you ladies and while I don't always comment on your posts, I do read your posts every day!!

Take care!!

BTW, Reuben, I love you and I'm so proud of you!! Thanks again for all of your help along the way!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. man you have had a rough time...I sometimes hit good will to see if there is anything worthwhile there?

    ReplyDelete

My Loves

My Loves
JJ and Jack!