Sunday, April 29, 2012

Ugh - Another week!

I feel like time is slipping away. The weeks feel like they creep on and then next thing you know, bam, it's Sunday!! This has been a very stressful week for me. TOM is here - ugh - and the drama that "he" brings! Also, a very dear friend of mine is in the hospital and he isn't doing well at all. He's too young to have all of the problems that he's having and then he doesn't really take care of himself like he should, so that just steals even more time away from his life. He used to live on the road behind us, for years, and he has two wonderful kids that have turned into great young adults. And I know that he has been through so much, and now he's not really responsive and has had 2 strokes and another heart attack. He was in septic shock when the ambulance came and got him; and then tests showed that his kidneys are failing from the diabetes and lack of circulation. All this and he's only 45. Looking at this situation is just another reason why I chose to have the Lapband surgery to help me become a healthy person for my son. It's not JUST about being fat my whole life, it's about being unhealthy. I want to be around to torment my son for a very long time!!

I took a picture today with my friend's kids and then I remembered a picture that we took last year at his son's graduation party. I pulled it up and whoa, I was surprised. Also, I ran into a few people at the hospital while visiting my friend and they almost didn't recognize me. I haven't been around my friends little group of friends for a while and they were surprised to see me. Here's the pics:

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You look great! Great before and after!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy awesome photo-----can you believe it! That is great...you look beyond great! So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing picture comparisons! You look great! I'm glad you choose to take charge of your health!

    ReplyDelete

My Loves

My Loves
JJ and Jack!