In one months time I've, lost 26.5 pounds and 13.25 inches. I've learned to eat better, I've started exercising more and using muscles in my legs and arms that I haven't used in years. My son and I are bike riding, almost daily, and he's loving that! I have more energy, I feel better about myself and, well, I think others are noticing! I'm still not "out" about my band to many people, but the few that do know, are like my cheerleaders!
I knew when I started this journey, that it wasn't going to be easy. The band is just a tool to help along the way. The actual work, well, I have to do that. I go for my first fill tomorrow, and while I'm still nervous about it, I feel that if I can do 26.5 pounds while "naked", with a fill, the sky's the limit. I know that it might take a few fills before I hit the "sweet spot" that I've heard so much about, but I have time.
My birthday is in a few weeks, and I'm going to work really hard the weeks before so that I can feel even better on my birthday!!
On another note, *warning TMI zone*, I'm on my first cycle since my surgery, and well, it's a little less desirable. This is the worst period I've had in years. I haven't hurt this bad in a while, and well, the flow - it's outta this world. Is it always going to be like this or is this just the "first cycle after surgery" and it's going to be a bad one? I was actually on my cycle during surgery (bad timing on my part) and so my last one was nearly absent, so maybe it's making up for lost time. Well, I sure hope so!!
Anywho, happy Sunday to all!
PS - here's a few pics of the night before surgery vs today!







YAY!!! Way to go and congrats on your progress and weight loss. I am so happy for you. Keep it up.
ReplyDeleteLove this! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteYou are doing great. I think your tmi question is just making up for the lost month. I notice no difference.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!!
ReplyDelete