Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Oh my gosh - it's been a week!

This past week has been so hectic! I'm still here and still chugging along. Last week at work, went by so fast. It was great being back to work and getting back into a routine after having been home for over a week. I'm still on mushies, slowing starting to introduce regular foods, just to see how things go and all seems to be going well so far. I've lost another 2.5 pounds, so I'm down 24.5 pounds in one month's time. Including my pre-op diet. I haven't really started exercising yet because I'm still having some port area pain and don't want to over due it too fast. All my incisions are healing wonderfully - it doesn't look like I had been stabbed 5 times anymore. I've heard that the port area will remain sensitive for a while - it that true?  I'm also feeling hungry more, so I think I'm ready for my first fill, which is just over a week away. I'm nervous about it, but I think that it will get my weight loss jump started again and that will help me feel like I'm accomplishing something.

This past Monday, a close family friend of ours lost his battle with brain cancer and I think that's the day that I felt the most port pain - stress and grief, perhaps. It's hard with the loss, but knowing that he's no longer is pain is helping - doesn't help the actual feeling of loss tho. Also, yesterday, was the one year anniversary that I lost my four-legged best friend Precious Puppy - it was so hard to lose her, she had been part of my life for 14 years. My son was upset because he couldn't remember what she looked like and that saddened me. But I know that he doesn't hold onto things like I do.

Anywho, I'm hitting the beach this weekend, actually on Friday and it's for work! So, I will be beach side and on the clock - how awesome is that! I'm trying to think of the positive to help overcome the last bit of negatives that have intruded on my life. Call my selfish, but I'm looking forward to getting away!!!

I hope all is well with you wonderful ladies and I can't wait to share my next few days with you later!! Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the loss of your friend! I hate cancer!

    I can't imagine how hard it was for you to lose your puppy! My dog is 7 and I will be devastated when she's not here anymore.

    Congrats on the loss!

    ReplyDelete

My Loves

My Loves
JJ and Jack!