Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 6 Post Op and Still Alive

It's the end of Day 6, almost a week post op and I'm finally starting to feel more "normal". I am still having such a problem with gas, bloating, etc. And since I'm still on full liquids, I haven't felt the restriction that my band is giving me. The gas pain I have, feels like I have to burp and then I feel this pressure in my chest. I'm wondering if that's because all my "innerds" are still healing from the movement and that one day the will subside.

The last week has been rough. My surgery went great, according to my doctor. I was in and out of the hospital in less than 9 hours. I felt a bit rushed when I got home, but all I did was sit around and sleep. I was so discouraged, I wanted them to go back in and take this sucker out - all this pain was not worth it. But, like everyone said, every day got better. With every day, I'd walk a little farther, sleep a little less, feel a little more human. I decided to take another few days of off work, just so that I could get a few more days of rest in. I was listening to my body and I don't think it was ready yet. Its been over 24 hours since I've taken pain meds, so I can drive my son to school tomorrow. That will be the beginning of the final healing stage, I feel.

3 comments:

  1. YAY for feeling better! and... YAY for driving your son to school!!! So glad you are starting to feel better!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will definitely be rid of the gas pain, and probably in the next week or so. Continnue to take it easy and listen to your body. Also, my clinic told me that I would likely not feel restriction until after a fill or two - and they were right. Your body is still in the healing phase. You should be able to notice it's there, but it's not going to be at it's maximum efficiency for a while. I also read your last post about the medication issue - and my clinic informed me I needed to crush all my pills until 10 days had passed. I am on an anti depressant too, so go find a pill crusher. If you put it in cranberry juice, and shoot it back, you can hardly taste it. It worked until I could take them in solid form again. I hope this helps - hang in there! It's totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto what JRD said. And don't worry that you don't feel restriction. That will happen, nice and slowly, over the next few months. (It took me 6 months to start to feel a noticeable effect!) I'm so glad you're healing up and feeling better! The rest of this journey is going to be easy compared to the surgery. The best part is yet to come!
    Christine
    www.phoenixrevolution.net

    ReplyDelete

My Loves

My Loves
JJ and Jack!