Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 11, Post Op Appt and back to work!

Well, I went back to work today - YAY! I also went to see my Surgeon today for my Post Op appt. I've lost 22 pounds since the beginning of my liver-shrinking diet. The Dr said that I was doing good and that for me to not to expect to lose any weight over the next few weeks because my stomach is still healing. I go back on November 7 for my first fill. Kinda nervous about that. 

Anywho, everyone was excited to see me back at work - most of my immediate co-workers and very few of my students know that I had surgery. Everyone else thinks I went on a vacation. 

Oh yeah, while I was at the Dr today, the dietician gave me the okay to start experimenting with new foods and textures. She suggested trying everything at home, first, so that I don't have an embarrassing moment out in public. It also mentioned in my book, that some people have trouble with salad greens. OMG - WHAT?! PLEASE tell me that one of you fabulous ladies have found a way to eat salads. I love salads and thinking that I won't be able to eat them anymore has really gotten me worried. 

What say you?

6 comments:

  1. I have no issue whatsoever with salad. Lettuce is a total slider food for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your loss...that is great!! I can't comment on the salad thing since I'm not banded yet...my surgery date is on the same day as your first fill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 22 pounds is great. Keep up the good work.
    I can eat salad. I was told to wait a few months though and I did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hooo! I have no problem with Salad at all ~ but, Like Robin, I had to wait a while to eat it...I can even eat string beans and some other foods I was told I wouldn't be able to..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no problems eating salad at all but I have heard of people who do. I think the big thing is to do like your dietician said and try things for yourself. You will figure out fairly quickly what your band can and can't tolerate.

    Also, I'm glad your surgeon set the expectation for you not to expect to lose weight for the next few weeks. I've seen too many people who are not told this and then start freaking out that the surgery didn't work because they aren't losing. Trust me, it is very normal not to lose (and some people even gain a bit).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new follower! Congratulations on your surgery and losing 22 lbs. so far!

    There are no foods that I cannot eat. My band keeps the quantities small, but I keep it loose enough that I can eat all foods in moderation.

    I've lost 117 lbs. and am now at goal. Come on by http://amandakiska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

My Loves

My Loves
JJ and Jack!