Thursday, July 11, 2013

Ugh...what to eat, what to eat and mini TTT

I'm so bored with food. I've learned that food is just fuel but deciding what to eat is the worst. I wait until I'm starving and then I make really bad decisions, or eat too fast and get hiccups. What do you eat?

I've gotten a lot of good suggestions from my WLS's nurse, but they aren't feasible for my schedule, and also, yogurt is often on the list and I can't STAND yogurt. I've tried just about every 'make and model' and none of them are good to me. Can you ladies share with me what you eat on a daily basis? I need some good ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Also, I'm going to start my weekly weigh in's again this Sunday. AND I'm gonna take some new pics in the bathing suit that I started out with - I'm curious to see how much I've 'grown'.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!! Speaking of Thursday, here's a short and sweet TTT (ten things Thursday).

1. I'm hungry.
2. Only 39 days until school starts again.
3. I need to go clothes shopping - anyone have any 12-14's they've outgrown?
4. Wow, I wear a 12-14!
5. I love coffee.
6. I love fancy creamers in my coffee.
7. I'm hungry.
8. I think I need to find something to eat.
9. Squirrel!
10. Happy Thursday Y'all!!

Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. My food is varied because I can eat practically anything at lunch and dinner time. My breakfast is pretty much always a giant protein smoothie - a cup of unsweetened almond milk (30 cals per cup), a cup of berries, 1/4 of a frozen banana, a small handful of spinach or kale, 1/2 scoop of protein powder, 3 oz. of plain nonfat greek yogurt, and a tablespoon of chia seeds soaked in 1/2 cup of water. That's under 350 calories and it is HUGE. I drink it over the course of the beginning of my work day, from about 8:30 to 10:00 AM. On work days, lunch is either leftovers or a frozen meal - Amy's Organic enchiladas, an EVOL bowl, or something similar. On Mondays my company buys lunch - usually cold cuts. On non-work days I'll have leftovers or eat lunch out. I love tacos so we'll go to our favorite taqueria and I'll have 2 tacos on soft corn tortillas and we'll share guacamole. Or go to Panera and I'll have a cup of broccoli or chicken soup and then eat the middle out of a tuna or turkey sandwich. Tomorrow I'm going out for sushi with a friend - we're going to a place that has the sushi by the small plate for $3 or $4 per plate (4 pieces of sushi each) and 2 plates is plenty for me (I usually skip the rice and just eat the fish and seaweed). On work days, dinner is whatever my husband makes - usually a piece of meat or fish on the grill and some steamed veggies - but tonight we had spaghetti and meatballs (I had 4 small meatballs and about 3/4 cup of spaghetti). If my husband doesn't cook, I'll have chicken nuggets on greens or some soup when I get home from work. Other days I'll cook something more complicated - I use marinades that have meat tenderizers in them, like lime juice or vinegar, so they're more tender for me. I eat about 1400 calories per day on non-workout days, and about 1600 on workout days. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

My Loves

My Loves
JJ and Jack!