Sunday, August 19, 2012

Weekly Weigh in and an Epiphany of sorts!


Weekly Weigh in: (This is my 45th week! 7 more weeks and I'm 1 year out!)

08/22/2011: 299.9 (first consult with surgeon)
10/06/2011: 284 (weight at surgery date)
08/05/2012: 218.4
08/19/2012: 216.8
Loss: -1.6 pounds in two weeks!
Total Loss: 83.1 pounds

The loss has been soooo slow lately! I'm starting to get really frustrated. I've changed my caloric intake and started working out more, but this past week has been a fail because my son has been sick. Some things just take precedent! Anywho, I'm 45 weeks out and have 7 more weeks until my 1 year Bandiversary! I wanted to be in One-derland by then, but I'm not sure I'm going to make it. At this stage, I'd have to lose 2.4 pounds a week and I just don't think I can do it! BUT, that doesn't mean that I won't try like hell to do it! The past couple of weeks have been eye-opening for me! I've had some old friends come back into my life, whom I haven't seen in years, and the positive compliments that I received from them, help to prove to myself that I've really done - I've come THIS far! My friends and family that have been with me the whole time, their words are kind and motivating, but to see someone that I haven't seen in years, well, their reactions speak volumes to my self-esteem! With that being said, there are 2 people, very near and dear to me (or at least are supposed to be) and they have NOT commented about my loss AT ALL! Not once in the last 45 weeks! And one of those two people is my very own sibling - my brother. But, like friends that I have had for a lifetime say, they never saw the weight, they just saw 'me'. Well, I'm not sure how, because that weight was me for so long.

Onto another subject, I've been back into therapy, just temporarily. There therapist that I had been seeing stopped taking my insurance, so I couldn't afford to go see her anymore, but my job has a program that allows me to see one of the Ph.D's on campus, so I have been going for the last 2 weeks. We are trying some positive reinforcement hypnosis. I'm trying to get my brain to catch up with my body. It seems to be helping some, because TOM is here and I'm still feeling pretty positive. I'm looking forward to a few more weeks of the hypnosis to see if I can 'catch up'. It's been a long time coming!

One of the friends that has come back into my life was a former supervisor at my former job. She retired years before I left, then moved away. She's back and is such a positive influence! We've had dinner twice and then we went out to a fairly new bar in town, which was a new experience for me. At our first reunion dinner, we decided that we needed to go out and celebrate our new 'found freedoms'. So, we planned to go out for a night on the downtown square with dinner and then dancing. The day we planned to go out, I spent hours going through my closet to find something to wear. I ended up wearing an outfit, that I thought was pretty cute! I took a pic, but it's blurry and does no justice! I wore a silver, shimmery tank (dress) that used to be a shirt, many pounds ago, but paired with a short jacket, it looked like a dress! Then I added some tight black leggings, to show off my awesome calves that I've been working on, and then my shiny black platforms shoes! I felt like a million bucks!! And when I walked into the restaurant, my friend was waiting at the door and she said that when I walked in, I was glowing! She said that I looked amazing! She has no idea how much that little comment helped me!

After we left dinner, we walked across the square to the new bar. I may have forgotten to mention that the bouncer at this club is a former 'friend with benefits' of mine. We have a long history together and he hadn't seen me in about 7 months. He wasn't at the door when we walked in, but as I walked to the bar, I made eye contact with him and he did a double-take. Then, while waiting for our drinks at the bar, he walked over and was almost stuttering while trying to talk to me! He said to me, "well, hello gorgeous!" and then hugged me and then told me how wonderful I looked, and then hugged me again. I introduced him to my friend, which they already know each other, but it's been years and they don't remember. But at that moment in time, I think I could hear my self-esteem growing. I'm really going to have to get used to the positive attention that I am receiving. I just want to stay grounded and make sure that I don't fall off the deep end, if that makes sense!

Anywho, I realllllly want to start blogging more often, because I feel so much better afterwards and all you ladies help to keep me in check! So, I'm trying to set aside 15 minutes a day for myself, first thing in the morning, and I hope to blog that entire 15 minutes. Fingers-crossed, you will be seeing a blog from me in the am!

Oh, I almost forgot to mention, school starts tomorrow!! YAY!! I love the summer with my son, but I love it even more when school starts and I don't have to worry where he is going to be for the day, etc. etc. Every morning of the first year of school, we take a picture together on the front walk way in front of our house. I am excited for this years picture, to compare to last years, to see how far we've come!

Well, I hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday and I will 'see' you all tomorrow!!

Peace, Love & Hugs!!


1 comment:

  1. hopefully your 2 closest friends are not jealous..that sometimes is why there is no congratulations! Great NSV at restaurant!

    ReplyDelete

My Loves

My Loves
JJ and Jack!