Sunday, August 26, 2012

Weekly Weigh in and blah, blah, blah...lol


Weekly Weigh in: (This is my 46th week! 6 more weeks and I'm 1 year out!)

08/22/2011: 299.9 (first consult with surgeon)
10/06/2011: 284 (weight at surgery date)
08/19/2012: 216.8
08/26/2012: 215.6
Loss: -1.2 pounds in ONE week!
Total Loss: 84.3

Wow - I lost over a pound this week - I've very proud of myself! I only got to go to the gym once this week, because I usually go on Monday and I wanted to pick up my son from school on his first day to see how it went! But I was able to get in a really long power walk on Thursday! It wasn't supposed to be a 'power' walk, but it's starting to get darker earlier now and out walk home from karate class was really dark and I swear there was an owl chasing us, lol.

I promised that I was going to blog more often, finding time each morning when I get to work, but I just haven't had time. I usually walk in, get coffee and start checking emails - creature of habit, I'm afraid. BUT, I've broken (almost) all of my old bad habits, so perhaps I can change this habit into a good one.

Speaking of old habits dying hard, I've been back in therapy again the last few weeks. I really feel that it's helping me. I only have a few more weeks of free sessions, so I have to make the best of it! She told me about this book to read, which is helping with the negative feelings. It's called, "The Feeling Good Handbook" by Dr. David Burns. He's written several books with similar titles, so if you look into it, make sure it's the 'handbook' one. The Ph.D. has also been giving me some hypnosis therapy, with along with the other things, I'm really starting to feel better. However, one big thing I find myself doing is trying to keep myself really busy. Which, normally isn't a bad thing, but I'm almost done with school and I find myself signing up for something else that is going to take a lot of time out of my life. Damn it, I want a life! Why do I keep obligating myself to things that take so darn long to finish. I will be graduating from college (at 34) in December and here I am, saying that I will attend another certificate course, which isn't the hard part, but will require a ONE YEAR internship before I can put the certificate to use and make money. WTH am I thinking?! Perhaps an interesting man will appear in my life before then, and I can spend time with him instead of finding things to keep me constantly unavailable.

Anywhoozle, it's late on Sunday and I'm ready for bed! I had a ton of homework to finish this weekend, so I didn't get my time to get outside and sweat, so I'm feeling a little sleepy. I'm going to get a good night's sleep, and if willing, get to the gym tomorrow!!

Hope everyone has a good evening!!

1 comment:

My Loves

My Loves
JJ and Jack!