Sunday, February 5, 2012

Weigh in Day and Super Bowl Sunday!

08/22/2011:   299.9 (first consult with surgeon)
01/28/2012:   249.8
02/05/2012:   248.6
Loss           -1.2 pounds
Total loss:     51.3 pounds

I'm not really happy with my results this week. A loss is a loss, yes, but I feel like I've worked really hard this week and am not seeing the results. However, I had seafood for dinner last night and I've heard that seafood can make you retain water, lol. Maybe just some wishful thinking.

On the medication change front, I've just taken my first dose of the new meds, Zoloft, last night. I had a few weird feelings, but I went to bed shortly after I took it, so I wouldn't feel too many of the effects if I had any. At one point, I felt like I was having heart palpitations, but I really feel that it was just anxiety and when I went to bed, the feeling went away. Hopefully, today will be good and no major mood swings,etc. but just in case, I have warned my family of the change, so they can help me look for symptoms - lol.

Anywho, on to the main event. I'm not much of a football fan, but my dad is always watching it on tv, so I have learned to like it. So, we are having a small Super Bowl party at our house, with just us, and I am making a few fun, healthy versions of some good food.

I am making some cauliflower-crust mini pizzas, baked "fried pickles", baked "fried okra" and some blender salsa with lite chips.

If all turns out with the food, I will post the recipes later. If not, then I won't! ;-)

Happy Sunday ya'll!!! Hugs!

3 comments:

  1. I want to hear about those califlower pizzas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fried pickles sound yummy! Congrats on loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great loss! Losing 1-2 pounds a week is healthy!

    ReplyDelete

My Loves

My Loves
JJ and Jack!