Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sniffle City and Sunday Weigh In

Well, this week was the worst week that I've had in a very, very long time. I blame it all on V-day. Well, that and this stupid cold that I have had all week long! Monday was a great day, other than I knew that V-day was Tuesday and that I a had a serious case of the Mondays because of it. So, to keep from bringing everyone down on V-day, I took the day off and spent it with the most important man in my life, my son! Then, I woke up several times during the wee morning hours on Wednesday with this feeling like I was going to throw up and low and behold, I wake up feeling like crapola! So, to try and ward it off, I left work early on Wednesday, went home to take some meds and nap and then I woke up with a full-blown cold! BAM! But the weather here in Florida has been crazy, Heat one day and A/C the next, also I guess spending the day with a snotty-nose 8 yr old (literally) didn't help! Well, needless to say, I haven't felt like going to work, much less going to work out, so I didn't make it to the gym this week and I'm feeling horrible about it. But then, trying to  make myself feel better about not going, I talked to my trainer about being sick and if I should go to the gym to try and "work off" the cold and she told me "heck no!". A cold is a sign that your body needs some rest - take the advice of your body, and get some rest. She said that actually working out while sick, especially with head congestion, because most of your germs are in your mouth, when you work out congested, you have a chance of spreading the virus and making it more worse than better. Well, there was NO argument from me and I carried my happy butt home and to bed! Whew! I didn't want to get sicker, that's for sure!

And now it's Sunday, I've been "resting" all week and am starting to finally feel more human! Of course, it's worse first thing in the am and the last thing at night, but the in between isn't so bad. And, I can breathe through my nose, so things are looking up! ;-)  On to the weigh in!

Today's results are:
08/22/2011:   299.9 (first consult with surgeon)
02/11/2012:  245.4
02/19/2012:  244
Loss           -1.4 pounds
Total loss:     55.9 pounds

I am VERY VERY happy with my results this week. Especially cause I've been sick and my band has been super tight this week, with not one but TWO incidents of serious stuckage - proof that I need to slow down and enjoy life!

So, I wish you all happy weeks and hugs to all! I've been reading everyone's blogs, but haven't had the energy to respond. I wish there was a reader that allowed you to comment too - or is there one and I don't know about it??

3 comments:

  1. nice loss...hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better. I think I am getting that cold now.

    ReplyDelete

My Loves

My Loves
JJ and Jack!