Sunday, January 15, 2012

Busy Week

Well, this is my first week of changing my meds. So far, so good. One side effect is that the change of meds will make you sleepy, and luckily, it has only made me sleepy at night. So, for the past week, I have slept better than I have in years. I'm hoping that eventually when I'm off this stuff, maybe I can get some goooood sleep!

Speaking of meds, I had to get my son's meds adjusted as well for his ADHD. Today was the first day on the new dosage and I've noticed a difference already.  Also, he had been complaining of headaches, so before I concluded that it was his meds, I took him yesterday for an eye appointment. Well, he wanted me to get mine checked too so that he would see what was happening, so I did. Low and behold, my vision has gotten better. Normally, I'm blind as a bat with reallllly near-sightedness and astigmatisms, well the Doc said that both the near-sightedness and the astigmatisms have gotten better, therefore I got a new RX, therefore I HAD to get new, sassy, Vera Wang glasses!! I also got lenses for my old glasses, cause I've always wanted to have a regular pair and a going out pair! I will post pics soon! Anywho, my son had his checked and sure enough, he needed glasses too. Except, that he's farsighted - he can see really far away, but his little eyes can't focus quick enough and that is what was causing the headaches, so hopefully this will help him!!

Also, while we were killing time for our glasses to be finished, I ran over to the TJ Maxx and looked for a smaller pair of pants for work. When I started this journey, I was in a 22/24 rounding out into a 26. Well, I ended up buying an 18 - yes, an 18 - three and a half sizes SMALLER than what I was wearing 3 months ago - I was giddy, right there in the dressing room! It was so funny, but honestly, I almost cried I was so happy.

Okay, well on to the weigh in:
08/22/2011:   299 (first consult with surgeon)
12/25/2011:   256.8
01/01/2012:   255.2
01/15/2012:   252.4
Loss           -2.8 pounds

Woohoo - SO close to my 50 pound mark, I can smell it!!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for the NSV and the SV!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome...I can't wait to see them! Losing wieght and improving eyesight...look what the band can do...jk! that is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your entire demeanor seems more positive then it did when you first started this blog. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

My Loves

My Loves
JJ and Jack!